Basil Hayden's 8 Year Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Basil Hayden's bourbon has more rye in it's mash bill than most bourbons. This gives it a nice rye character with the corn's sweetness still present.
This is the perfect bourbon for a mint julep. At 80 proof, it does not require a long dilution like a 100 proof bourbon (though if you wait long enough with 100 proof you get to the same place). And Basil Hayden's rye character shows through nicely with the mint and syrup.
|Brand||Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Inc.|
|Retail Price||$40 / 750 ml|
Drinks that use American Whiskey
Ingredients in the same category
- Booker's True Barrel Bourbon
- Elijah Craig 12 Year Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Jack Daniel's Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
- Maker's Mark Straight Bourbon Whiskey